Century Tip Tornado Match
The Match has a more flowing through - action for easy loading up during the cast and this also helps to prevent covering the beach with your precious bait. The big benefit to the pleasure angler and match angler alike is that it still retains the stable, super sensitive tip, which gives good bite detection. The Match is versatile because it is easy to cast and covers a wide variety of conditions. The original rods were prototyped on the Sound of Mull, Western Highlands where they really rattled dogfish and conger to depths of over 300’ with powerful tides. A proven Home and International Match winner when a gentle lob of a big pork pie size crab bait into the back of the breaking surf - got the desired results.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology.
- Blank colour: 2x2 carbon twill – upper butt: 3k-1k carbon lower tip – unground UD carbon upper tip
- Factory Finish ring patterns: Fuji BNHG intermediates: KIGAN BNHG butt and BPHT 12 tip
- Tied in black and coated in ThreadMaster epoxy coating. Red metallic trim bands.
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt.
- Casting Ratio: 4- 6.25oz, 125- 175gm plus bait.
- Butt Diameter - rod: 0.95” (2.39cm)
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle.
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt.
- Reflective tape between top two guides
- Equal sections - tip and butt
- Length: 13’6” (4.12m)
- Century carbon reducer.
- Century sliding reel seat with integrated Coaster
- Century partition rod case